Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Skedaddle to Seattle

DAY FOUR
The title for this entry was my mom's idea. She's too cute. We're a lot alike, you know. The cute part that is. I got lonely for Maddigan and she bought me some puppy slippers. She said I had to name them Maddy and Shammy, and I said nope. She said she was going to turn Maddy against me while I was gone.
"I'll show her pictures of you then throw things at her," she said.



Now it's midnight in Seattle, at the Holiday Inn Express, a stone's throw away from the Space Needle. Trashville, but the shampoo smells better than anything and the beds are clean as a whistle.

After a quick hike up a wee foothill, we finished our trek through Idaho and Washington State, thanks to a little Ben Folds. We didn't see much of Seattle because we're both worn out. I'm surprised at how much Seattle reminds me of San Francisco. It's such a big city, I hope I can figure it all out. I just need to start working so I can stop worrying.

1 comment:

jenny. said...

this post is really nice and you love your mom and it makes me want to cry