Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Next stop, Ioway!

I was snooping through mom's pictures on her computer and found these. They were taken four years ago at the Hotel Pattee in Iowa. I miss it. arg.



I love you Buddy Holly!!! This was the first time I had ever been to Clear Lake, so it seemed fitting to go pay homage to the Surf Ballroom, the last place Buddy ever played before his plane went down later that night just outside town.




That chocolate cake was unfucking believable.
I wish I could take of and drive there this weekend. Bob, you would have loved it.

2 comments:

Amphetamine said...

that was a fun trip.

blanket factory said...

those pictures make me wanna puke i miss that place so much. the one of cozy mom makes me saddy. wouldnt it be fucked up to have seen buddy holly live and then he dies an hour later? p.s. jiggy back is playing on my playlist.