Friday, October 15, 2010

Rome so far


Tonight is my last night in Rome before my parents arrive. I hope I have a good enough angle on the city to show them around.

Above is the Vatican Fortress.

Today I shot video for a story in Southern Rome. It was interesting to be taking video of a workshop where I didn't speak the language. I guess I'll have to get used to that when I'm working for JRS in Thailand.

Top 5 things I have learned in Italy:

1. The Eucharist tastes different here
2. Some places you just can't go if you don't speak the language
3. There are travelers and there are tourists. I hope I fit into the former group, but Italians categorize me as the latter
4. An SD card can never be big enough and a battery never lasts long enough
5. It is possible to O.D. on pasta and pizza, even in Italy

No comments: