Saturday, October 16, 2010

On ice cream and God


At dinner tonight, my roommate Osiris told me that I need to keep my ears open to God. As a former nun, she said she had listen to have God show her what she is in love with. For her, life is about living with the poor and working with refugees.

I told her, if only she knew how hard it is to truly get to a stage in life when I can even open my ears or my heart.

This has been my worry for months. Why can I not connect with God in an honest way? Why cannot talk to God and be open to God? Why can I not follow the Jesuit way of seeing God in all things?

While I have gotten down on myself for this, Osiris told me that God will tap me on the shoulder eventually. God will open my heart for me if I am unable because whatever I can't do, God can.

So for now, I eat gelatto, recite Saint Francis' prayer while I brush my teeth and try my best to keep God inthe present.

2 comments:

eros said...

For the begining God does not exist.

rocsj said...

Molly,
Consider Jesus speaking to YOU in the first part of the prayer of St. Francis...
And, Vanilla Swiss Almond Hagen-Dazz plus Bailey's warmed and poured over the top is a proof for the existence of God... that works!
Blessings! --roc,sj