Thursday, October 14, 2010

Buona Sera


I practically had St. Peter's Square to myself. At around 10 p.m. Friday night I wandered out of the apartment with my camera. While I pass by the basilica every morning and evening to and from work, it was certainly different seeing it at night. Perhaps it's because during the day there is an endless stream of tour buses, groups, and vendors clogging the street. In the quiet of the evening, I was able to just see the darn thing.

So, Rome is nice so far. Sophie was sick the first five days or so, which gave me to opportunity to see Rome on my own. I saw St. Ignatius' resting place at Gesu Bascilica and went to an Italian Mass at his church.

I am excited for my parents to come Saturday for a final send-off before I head out to work for the Asia Pacific regional office of JRS.

I am working in the International Office at the moment with a view of the St. Peter's from the street. I'm excited to go write my own stories and take my own photos and video instead of editing and sorting other people's.

It shall be a great adventure.

No comments: