Saturday, July 3, 2010

Don't quit reading my blog!

Pictures will be up soon, I promise. Internet is spotty around here. We only get it when the generator is on or the sun is shining, and it's been rainy for a few days.

Ricky and I got here a week ago, greeted by two other WWOOFers and Rick and Karen, the owners of the property.

So far we have been having a GREAT time. I have learned that I am terrible at the following things: hammering a nail, cutting a straight line, insulating a ceiling, removing thorny bushes, making a path through the forest, moving stones and lifting heavy objects. Ummmm, I also forgot how to play Big Rock Candy Mountain on the ukulele and told everyone I knew how to play it. That's my homework tonight.

What I am good at so far: eating everything on the table, talking all night about Abbie Hoffman and Pete Seeger, hanging out, soaking in the hot tub by the shore, and going to sleep early.

I am learning a lot about solar and wind energy, building, rain water catchment and gardening.

More later. With pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love from Omaha, missing you dearly, wishing you were here! :)We're cooking out in the rain (sausages and hot dogs) and scallops and beans inside. At the present, Cubs losing 3-2 to Cincinatti (4th inning). Dad and Waveland say hi. Love Mom