Thursday, July 22, 2010

campfires and saint ignatius

Last night we had dinner with the people from the farm in the meadow. We cooked fresh picked strawberry and blueberry cobbler in a Dutch oven over the fire, split pea soup and cabbage noodles. After dinner the two Ricks, the owner of our farm and the owner of the meadow farm, played the guitar for us. I got to sing along to Hallelujah, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Sunshine Go Away Today.

While we were sitting around the fire, after days and days of rain and cloudy weather, the clouds split open and the sun shone over the mountains. It made me think about what I have been reading about the Ignatian exercises. The first step in the book that I am reading is to be open to God. That means to try and see God in all my work, all the people I see and have an open dialogue with God all day long. It is safe to say that I am struggling with it, but in that moment last night, I was completely open and able to see God in all things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.