Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day off!

We got the day of yesterday, our first day off since we've been here. Rick had to take census workers out on the island so we got to go to town.

I actually forgot what it was like to be around people. For over a month it has just been around five people working around the property. When we went to Juneau to see the glacier and waterfall, it was crammed with people coming off cruise ships. It was strange.

Oddities about being in town:
1. You have to use bathrooms instead of going anywhere you want
2. People don't bathe outside. There was a beautiful waterfall and my first thought was what a great shower it was.
3. You have to watch your language. I have become all too comfortable screaming whatever I please at the top of my lungs since I know no one will hear me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.