Thursday, June 17, 2010

Las Vegas

Again, no pictures. And that Grand Canyon pic took me all of three days to draw, so I didn't do any car drawings of las vegas. Instead, I will give you this:


We played Blackjack all night with this man. Once we realized we couldn't afford to do anything other than breathe the air on the strip, we decided to drink dollar beers at our hotel. Well, one thing lead to another and Ricky and I would up at a $4 blackjack table and Nathan told me when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

Eventually the cards got so bad for Ricky and me that we ordered blackjacks along with our drinks. "Excuse me, miss. We will have two gin and tonics and two blackjacks, please. PLEEEAAASE."

It didn't work, but it was a great time.

More importantly, though. I got to see the cousins. This was a pic taken at Thanksgiving of the whole bunch. We ate a dinner for for kings.

What I had at the buffet: Chinese stir fry and mac and cheese. Plus 150 desserts.

The next day we went swimming all day. I wish we could have hung out longer. They are the BEST!

We left Las Vegas and made it to the end of Route 66 yesterday. Will Rogers Beach in Santa Monica. Now we are in Oakland with Brad Pearson, getting ready to hang out in San Francisco for the day. More on that later.

No comments: