Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grand Canyon

Since my camera broke, I drew the grand canyon from an old WPA post card. You get the gist...



Guess whose camera broke right outside the Grand Canyon? Yup. So, we took a couple of sad sack pics with our phones and then we're on to disposables.

The top is me at the petrified forest and painted desert. Ricky is hanging off a cliff over the Grand Canyon.

The Grand Canyon was AMAZING. I thought I knew what it looked like but I was shocked. The first day, we walked about a mile into the canyon and huffed and puffed our way back out. We camped outside the park.

I made dessert of the campfire! I made a box of cake batter, hollowed out a grapefruit, filled it halfway with batter, wrapped it in tinfoil and threw in on the fire. 20 minutes later... boom! Dessert. Tasty, wonderful dessert.

Day two at the Grand Canyon we hiked around the rim, ate lunch on a cliff overlooking the southern edge and hit the dusty trail.

We made it over the Hoover Dam and into Las Vegas. More on that later.