Thursday, March 10, 2011

Part One: the dream

So I had a wicked dream last night. I know, I know, it can be a chore listening to people talk about their dreams, much less reading about them. But I swear, it's worth it. And I'll keep it short. Hell, I'll even give you the punchline early so you'll read to the end: Bob Dylan read my blog and told me he liked it. There are also planets involved, if that pulls you in.

Ok. Here goes.

My parents, sister and I are at a hotel. It seemed like it was on the moon, or on a moon of another planet because the stars were so visible and close by. On the roof of the hotel, my parents and I are watching the plate align. Now, they were not like regular planets, more like the planets from The Little Prince*** and they were REALLY CLOSE, like in on of those Lisa Frank Trapper Keepers from grade school, only less lame.

Well, I had to get Abby to come and watch, and get my camera, but the elevator wouldn't work and I kept getting lost. By the time I got Abby, who was having a meltdown of some sort, and the camera back to the roof, the sun had set, the planets were gone and I missed the shot.

"That's ok," Dad said. "We didn't come here for that anyway. We came for the concert, which is just starting now."

So we head to the concert, which I am covering as a photojournalist. And right as Bob Dylan is about to start his first song, tens of thousands of people in the crowd, a mad galaxy of stars behind him, he spots me. He leaves the stage, puts his arm around me, and says, "Are you Molly Mullen? I read your blog. You get the blues," and walked off and did his set.

Apparently this show was for rock gods, because then Carlos Santana walked up to me and asked who I was that Bob Dylan was talking to me. Like a douche, I said, "I'm a pretty big deal."

Then the dream faded and I woke up feeling, and still feeling now, like I had an intimate moment with Bob Dylan.

Boom.

***as a side note, when I redesigned this blog for my web design class, it was supposed to look like a page from, or inspired by The Little Prince. I always forgot to mention that.

No comments: