Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Omaha


While I was traveling in the North last week, I brought several magazines with me to look at designs and typography. Two of said magazines had Omaha references. And I feel like I need to say something about that.

Dear Omaha,

I am not writing this letter because I don't love you anymore, I just think we need some time apart. We have been together so long that I just need to see what else is out there.

I am not forgetting you or all the good times we had together, I just need time to breathe. It's not you. You are wonderful. So many great qualities. Steak. Family. the Old Market. It's me. I am just too restless right now.

So please, Omaha, stop leaving me messages. I don't need to open magazines in Thailand only to read about Warren Buffett going to Gorat's or Connor Oberst moving home.

Still, it will be hard. All of my music reminds me of you. When put iTunes on shuffle I hear "Turn the Page" or "Hello in There" or other songs that reference you.

So, Omaha. This is not goodbye. It's bon voyage. I'll be back.

Lovingly, tenderly, internationally yours,
Molly

No comments: