Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas


Or, perhaps Bing Crosby's Mele Kalikimaka would be more appropriate.

Mom saved my sanity by coming to Thailand for Christmas. We stayed in an insanely swanky hotel, then took a TAXI more than two hours south to an island.

Who have we become?! We have become those people who use the word "winter" as a verb. We are people who critique massages because we get so many of them. We are the kind of people who become stressed about decisions like "Should I swim in the ocean or in the pool?" "Shall I snooze under the shade of a palm tree or work on my tan on the beach?"

We left a few days early because we were becoming everything we ever hated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Tom Brush said...

your ironic white guilt is amusing