Wednesday, February 25, 2009

notes from around the rez

A few things I see around here remind me of Mississippi, for better or worse. Every sign along the road has been filled with bullets, nothing better to do. In other news, I got a hat at the Wall Drug.






What I learned this week:

1. Assume you'll be driving at least 45 miles to get anywhere
2. Always have your camera. ALWAYS
3. Kids like bubble gum more than tootsie rolls
4. Being the minority takes getting used to
5. Most kids dress alike, and look like normal kids but their each dealing with way different stuff

Happy Ash Wednesday. I hope everyone enjoyed Mardi Gras. Mine consisted of ice cream, french fries, drinks, Quentin Tarantino, getting stuck in the mud and faceplanting in a puddle of muddy melted ice. Not bad.

2 comments:

Amphetamine said...

love the speed limit picture. it's my new desktop background.

Molly said...

Ahhhhh! Really? That makes me feel so goood.