Friday, August 1, 2008

Snuggletummy, you're the one, you make bath time lots of fun

So, for all you MCADians, Minneapolisites or just cool cats, you might be interested to know that I wrote teo things on the Nate Denver/ Zak Sally show coming up tomorrow.

First, I wrote a preview story that talked mostly about Zak and "Sammy the Mouse." I was happy that I could get their stuff both in print and online. I hope people show up because they're both very funny and great.

Next, I did a blog post for the P-I's Big Blog about Nate's book. I had a hard time in the story explaining what his book was, exactly, so in the blog I put two of his essays in. I figure I'd let his work speak for itself.

One last thing about Nate, I didn't have the opportunity to put a few of his good quotes in the story or the blog. I figure they'd only be relavent to the people who have read his book, so I'll write them down now. He said he has drawn over 2,000 elephants so far, and he continues to draw them every day on bits of scratch paper/

"I draw dozens a day, if not hundreds," Denver said. "It's the greatest part of my day. I've even bought a few books on elephants so I can get better at drawing them."

Eh. I figure everybody has a thing. His is elephants. Mine is girls. Abby's is tiny houses. To each his own.

1 comment:

abigail said...

hey, tiny houses are not just MY thing. it has TWO bedrooms, okay? two. this is your fault.